[Replicant] Replicant apps are compatible with Android devices?

Dedeco Balaco dedeco.balaco at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 3 20:24:13 UTC 2021

Em 03-08-2021 09:07, W. Kosior via Replicant escreveu:
>> I have a fairly old phone still in use, a Motorola Moto G (2nd gen.).
>> Its Android version is 6. With this model, will I be able to install
>> Replicant?
>
> Sorry, Replicant only supports a very limited list of devices:
> https://www.replicant.us/supported-devices.php
>
> Perhaps you'll be able to find a LineageOS build for it which would
> still be better than stock Android (although it would still contain some
> nonfree stuff)

So, no Replicant for this phone. And for this specific model, LineageOS
does not exist too. But I will be fairly happy to use Replicant SDK to
develop apps and run them in my phone. Is this possible? I see Replicant
SDK for Replicant 4.2 here:

https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantSDK

Replicant SDK 4.2 is for Replicant 6? Or 4.2 is the version of the SDK,
which runs a different timeline than the OS itself?

>> Any facts about rooting it or not? I never done such thing.
>
> I did long ago but with another phone, so the procedure was most likely
> different. Your best bet is to look for a guide on the internet.
>
>> If not, I will be happy enough to develop and run Replicant apps. They
>> are developed with a FOSS dev. environment, right?
>
> Yes[1], good luck :)
>
> [1] https://wiki.debian.org/AndroidTools

Or given what i just said above, Replicant SDK is not what want, but
Android Tools are that?