[Replicant] Replicant on 9300 samsung - sim not detected

Andrés Domínguez andresdju at gmail.com
Fri Mar 5 22:34:39 UTC 2021

Hi md.

Replicant not detecting the SIM card it's increasingly often. It happened
to me, my i9300 stopped detecting any SIM card. I Installed Lineage and it
didn't fixed it. Then I flashed the modem.bin rom in the RADIO partition
and it didn't fixed it. But installing stock (samsung) images including
modem.bin and booting stock Samsung Android fixed it. Then I reinstalled
Replicant and it works fine so far. Some other Replicant users have
reported booting stock also fixing it for them.

My guess is that either the emmc flash is failing (our Replicant devices
are becaming quite old and used) and the RADIO partition gets corrupted or
Replicant corrupts it. Because Lineage or Replicant can't work after
flashing modem.bin I suppose that it requires an initial configuration that
only stock Samsung Android knows how to do. You can send me a private email
if you want to know were I downloaded the stock images.

I hope it helps to you,
Andrés