[Replicant] I9300 backup of /efs not yielding usable image

m d mdreplicantmd at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 14 21:48:00 UTC 2021

Hello,
I followed the instruction to to backup the /efs on my I9300, the ones at the following URL:
https://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/BackupTheEFS
Save for the creation of the directory which I did my own way, the backup of the /efs was by copy and pasting the appropriate commands displayed on the webpage, yet the EFS.img cannot be flashed on my device.The /efs on my device is all well and sound, not corrupted. This is a fully functioning device. Could there be something I'm missing?
Best,
md