[Replicant] Community Manager Nomination

Fil fil.bergamo at riseup.net
Wed May 5 20:17:49 UTC 2021

Hi,

the Replicant Steering Committee has concluded the second round of
evaluations of the applications for the community manager role.

We would like to thank all the candidates that have applied for the
role. It has been a greatly encouraging experience to receive so many
valuable proposals and to observe such a responsiveness to our call.

Selecting one candidate among all participants has been no easy task,
given the interesting variety of valuable profiles we had the pleasure
to evaluate.

The key aspects that have been considered are, in no particular order:

- the candidate having been actively participating in the community's
   activities and discussions, in the forum, the wiki, the mailing list
   and the official IRC channel, as well as in-person meetings;

- the candidate's experience in installing Replicant and in solving
   problems related to this activity;

- the candidate's overall confidence with the practical aspects
   of using Replicant and helping users with related issues, doubts
   and information requests;

- the candidate's involvement with other free-software projects similar
   to Replicant and/or with interesting points of contact with the
   work being done in Replicant.

- the candidate's ability to write useful and comprehensible periodical
   reports to keep the community informed about the project's activities;

- the candidate's ability to contribute to Replicant's technical
   documentation;

- the differences with typical free software backgrounds (to be able
   to bring more diverse perspectives to the project);

All these aspects considered, *Kurtis Hanna* emerged as the most
suitable candidate for the role.

Kurtis has been a very active community member since at least 2016,
successfully helping users in various occasions with different issues
and enquiries.
He is well informed about various free-software projects and has often
acted as a link between some of those projects and Replicant.
He participated in and/or helped organise many of the gatherings that
have been held by Replicant members throughout the last 4 years, either
in person or remotely, contributing his thoughts, impressions and
valuable proposals.

In the next few weeks, we will be coordinating with Kurtis and the FSF
to work out the applicable funding conditions and to define the contract
that will regulate the Community Manager's duties.

Once again, we thank all applicants and the whole community in general.

Cordially,

The Replicant Steering Committee