[Replicant] Extracting text messages the hard way since apps don't work.

A. F. Cano afc54 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 2 20:25:35 UTC 2021

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 04:53:52PM +0000, Fil Lupin via Replicant wrote:
> Hi Augustine,
> I encountered some difficulties converting MMS from iOS to replicant so I wrote a few things on this topic here : https://redmine.replicant.us/boards/9/topics/14315

Wow!  All the trouble you and others went through with this issue.
Unfortunately, it confirms a lot of what I've done that doesn't work.
At least now I know it's not something that I've done wrong.

This issue motivates me even more not to be hostage to closed systems.

> It's slightly different but perhaps it can give you a few hints for your issue.
> I remember writing some docs about DB columns meaning but sadly, I did not found it yet. I'll let you know if I find it again.
>
> Please note that this doc is about replicant 4 and MMS db was then at about v40 so it has probably evolved since then.
>
> Here are also a few requests:

I've saved these and will try them.  Even if can't re-import the call
logs and sms/mms messages into the new phone, at least I'll have an
archive of them on the computer.  I will keep at it.  Your info has
provided better understanding, so maybe I'll succeed eventually.

Thanks for taking the time to help.

Augustine