libre android sdk?
jim at jimgarrison.org
Wed May 19 03:52:38 UTC 2010
>> In fact, here's where it currently hangs indefinitely:
>> ~/replicant$ ../bin/repo sync
>> Fetching projects: 1% (2/117) remote: Counting objects: 39, done.
>> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (18/18), done.
>> remote: Total 23 (delta 16), reused 8 (delta 5)
>> Unpacking objects: 100% (23/23), done.
>> From git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/bionic
>> 0be7eda..6ba5efd master -> korg/master
>> Fetching projects: 6% (8/117)
> Hrm, that's strange. Could android.git.kernel.org by throttling you?
> Disk space? Sorry to mention the obvious. ;)
I haven't really resolved anything, so this is mostly for the archives,
in case anyone else ever sees the same problem. (Disk space is
certainly not the issue.)
I couldn't get "repo sync" to work on my Ubuntu machine, so I tried it
on Debian under kvm and it froze at the exact same spot. Then I tried
running the git clone it was hanging on (as well as the one before it):
$ git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/dalvik.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/dalvik/.git/
remote: Counting objects: 24680, done.
remote: Compressing objects: 100% (9173/9173), done.
remote: Total 24680 (delta 13264), reused 24418 (delta 13071)
Receiving objects: 100% (24680/24680), 15.04 MiB | 1.21 MiB/s, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (13264/13264), done.
Checking out files: 100% (3313/3313), done.
$ git clone git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/development.git
Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/development/.git/
The first command works, but the second hangs indefinitely! Worse yet,
I ran repo from my slicehost and everything succeeds. So I'd assume it
has to be an issue with my network, except I have no idea why one clone
from android.git.kernel.org would work while the other hangs forever.
(I tried git clone from the SheevaPlug in my room, and it failed in the
same spot as well.)
The verbose option to git clone tells me nothing beyond what is listed
Well, from now on I'll just run repo on my slicehost account and then
rsync everything to my development machine, I suppose (until I figure
out what is up).
And for the record: I'm running git versions 220.127.116.11 and 1.7.1 on the
[real/virtual] machines that hang, and 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124 on the
virtual machines that work.
More information about the Replicant