free software market

Matthias Weiler matthias.weiler at mymail.ch
Tue Jun 22 17:04:06 UTC 2010

Hi everyone!

I just noticed, that you are working to provide a free software
alternative to the android market. great to see!

My question is if it's really necessary to fork the slideme client and
server to do the task. Couldn't you just set up an aptoide [1]
repository? I'm not sure if it's possible to add license information
there, but for the beginning it should be okay to have one repository
that offers free software only.

Server and client are free. There is a fork [2] too, but the differences
don't seem to be too relevant for us.

And finally I would say most of us prefer "repository" over "market"
just because we're used to it. :)

cheers
Matthias

[1] http://www.aptoide.com/