Replicant App Repository

Matthias Weiler weiler.matthias at gmail.com
Tue Oct 19 22:29:37 UTC 2010

Hi all!

As the List is the main communication tool I'd like to bring up the
current identica discussion about the aptiode repo here.

If you want to check out the whole thread, go there
http://identi.ca/conversation/55790526

graziano wrote:
> yes we should develop a tool to let users add libre apps to the
> !replicant repo by themselves. Anyone? Write to our mailing list

An html-form to enter the necesarry details and upload the apk should be
easy to do but since it's not here we should at least give the people
who want to help a way to do so.

Helpers would just need a possibility to upload apk files to the right
directory and edit the info.xml and extras.xml files. So having the xmls
available in gitorious and access to an ftp-server for uploading apks
shoud do the job.

Would it be possible to forward replicant.us/repo to our repository?
It's easier to remember and would help spreading the idea about replicant.

> what's Graziano's policy for adding things to his repo, which
> seems to be the current de facto Replicant repo?
The policy needs to be specified but for the moment I would say the
software in the repo should be free, stable and usefull - the first one
strict, the other two loose.

so long
Matthias