'Market' app suggestion

Ciaran Gultnieks ciaran at ciarang.com
Fri Oct 22 14:48:33 UTC 2010

On 22/10/10 15:40, Aaron Williamson wrote:
> My fault -- I should have tried the menu button.  I don't think there's anything
> wrong with this design.  My only suggestion would be that "Install" should be a
> button on the detail screen, but the rest can hide in the menu.

There's a reason for the install being only on the menu like that, which
is not immediately obvious for most apps in there because there's only
one version available. (And less obvious because there's no
documentation yet!)

Two ways of installing:

1. From the menu. This installs the 'current' version of the application
- i.e. the one the developer would typically put in the market. (Other
versions may be older, or newer - betas, etc)
2. From the list of versions on the screen itself - click the version
and you can install that particular version from the popup.

This is not immediately obvious, but it's early days. I guess there
could still be an install (or uninstall) button on the screen that does
the same as the menu one.

Ciaran