freerunner questions

Graziano graziano at sorbaioli.org
Thu Nov 11 07:08:49 UTC 2010

On Wed, 10 Nov 2010 06:07:39 -0800 (PST), silvio pelvico
<urodelomutante at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello everybody.

Hi urodelo, thanks for joining us!

> I'm new to this mailing list. Just few days ago I've red about replicant
> on the website.
> I own a gta02 freerunner and I'm interested the philosophy of replicant
> SO. Therefore, after dirtying :P the comment form on your website with
my
> msg, I've decided to subscribe to the ml.
>
> I've red the previous msg of GNUtoo about the status of the development
on
> the freerunner. Actually I'm running aof on nand (because in teh card
I've
> another so and my personal data, which I prefer to "keep safe",
considering
> that the fr is my only and daily phone). I have some question: is the
main
> intention to port a replicant version coming from android 2.x to the
> freerunner and/or from android 1.x?

First of all I am not a developer so I will try to give you all the
informations I have as I know them.
In case of mistakes I am sure someone on the list will correct me.

Let's begin! :)

Gnutoo is working on Replicant 1.5 on the HTC Dream for now.

Replicant 2.2 will be released later.

> -Do you usually focus first on a certain phone for the development, or
> does it proceed more or less at the same time on every device?

The only developer is gnutoo and he usually works only on devices he
already owns, I think one at the time but who knows? Maybe he can do
multitasking! :)

Gnutoo owns:

- a Freerunner
- HTC Dream
- Nexus One

and afaik he worked/is working on:

- SHR port on HTC Dream
- Replicant on HTC Dream
- Replicant on Nexus one (inactive atm because of the bug he talked about
in his previous mail)

> Last: after teh crossing post among openmoko ml, the comment board of
> replicant wesite, etc, did you get any direct contact from aof guys?

I didn't.
Afaik nobody wrote on this mailing list or came in our irc channel.
Also I did not get any private email from them.

I am waiting for a nice email from someone of the android-on-freerunner
group because I think our collaboration could advance the free software
mobile world and I would really LOVE to collaborate with them.

> Thank you
> urodelo

Thank you for all your support and welcome to Replicant!

--
Graziano Sorbaioli
Founder, LibrePlanet Italia