NOOKcolor source code

David Sterry david at sterryit.com
Sat Dec 11 02:03:43 UTC 2010

Hello all,

I recently purchased a NOOkcolor and rooted the device. I have installed
F-Droid and have tested a number of apps from the repo. In IRC, someone
asked me where the sources were for the NOOKcolor and I located them.
http://images.barnesandnoble.com/PResources/download/Nook/source-code/nookcolor-source-code.zip
links to a 118mb file and it's from this legal page at Barnes and Noble
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/nookcolor/legal/?cds2Pid=35607.

Overall, it's been a lot of fun working with this device and with
android. I'm happy to help with Replicant when I can(I made some changes
to the wiki page) and I'm interested in expanding the list of free
software applications as well as making it more attractive to people as
a software resource.

The main difference from a functionality point for the NOOkcolor versus
most phones are the lack of hard buttons for back, home, etc and the
larger 1024x600 screen. The device has no mic and no phone or 3g
connectivity, but the screen is multi-touch and it has wifi as well as a
micro-sd card slot.

I'm happy to answer any questions anyone has about the device.

Thanks,

David Sterry (weex on irc)