G'day from Australia

Aaron Williamson aaron at copiesofcopies.org
Tue Dec 21 16:41:53 UTC 2010

On 12/20/10 22:57, Fabián Rodríguez wrote:
> On 10-12-17 02:40 AM, Graziano wrote:
>> I am not surprised by the content of the thread you pasted.
>> We know that cyanogen people are not so interested in free software,
>> that is why Replicant was born. [...]
>
> Is that still the case ? I mostly see lack of information in many
> threads, not lack of interest (in something unknown to many..).

I think you're right Fabián.  In fact, Cyanogen is quite interested in free
software -- he releases all of his code as free software and obviously is very
interested in giving other users the freedom to install new software on their
devices.  I think what Graziano means is that Cyanogen & his user community are
not concerned with delivering a top-to-bottom free software stack for android
phones.  They have a relatively pragmatic approach to free software, though, and
since the software changes they seek do not require modifying the hardware
interface libraries, they have had no interest in replacing them.

Best,
Aaron