non free app in fdroid repository

Ciaran Gultnieks ciaran at ciarang.com
Fri Dec 31 15:04:33 UTC 2010

On 31/12/10 14:13, Graziano wrote:
> just wanted to let you know that I just noticed a non free app in the
> FDROID repository.
>
> It is the C64 emulator:
>
> Mobile C64 1.1.3.
>
> "the original Commodore 64 ROM images are included with kind permission
> of Commodore International Corporation.
> This program is freeware for non-commercial use.."

It says that "freeware for non-commercial use" thing on the about
screen, but the software is definitely GPL, as per its web site and the
copyright notices in each source file.

As for the inclusion of the ROM image, I'm not convinced that makes the
application itself non-free software. Are you?

Regards,

Ciaran