Hello - and some info (long)

GNUtoo GNUtoo at no-log.org
Fri Apr 1 02:29:55 UTC 2011

On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 22:49 +0200, Michael von Glasow wrote:
> On 03/31/2011 01:13 PM, GNUtoo wrote:
> > which we could have replaced(since it's similar to the htc dream)
> > however GPS would have been a problem since modem firmware was a bit
> > different.
> in fact, I would have expected some basic GPS functionality to be the
> least problematic part, since NMEA over a serial line at 4800 baud is
> the de-facto standard for GPS.
There is NMEA on  the /dev/smd27 virtual serial line,however the
non-standard part is the way to activate it.
>this is only
> implemented in some vendor-specific NMEA sentences or, for the Antaris
> chip used by the freerunner, running it with its native binary u-blox
> protocol. Which is why I'm looking into the GPSD port.
does GPSD have u-blox? or is it implemented only in ogpsd python
implementation?
> I probably won't get around to trying it out for at least another week,
> but for the moment I have a rough idea where to start. I'll keep you
> updated on my progress and any problems I run into.
Thanks.

I think a replicant port is not needed for the freerunner, however the
replicant website could point to the android-on-freerunner distribution
if it's fully free.

Denis.