Hello - and some info (long)

Graziano Sorbaioli graziano at inventati.org
Fri Apr 1 07:08:53 UTC 2011

 On Fri, 01 Apr 2011 04:29:55 +0200, GNUtoo wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-03-31 at 22:49 +0200, Michael von Glasow wrote:
>> On 03/31/2011 01:13 PM, GNUtoo wrote:
>> > which we could have replaced(since it's similar to the htc dream)
>> > however GPS would have been a problem since modem firmware was a
>> bit
>> > different.
>> in fact, I would have expected some basic GPS functionality to be
>> the
>> least problematic part, since NMEA over a serial line at 4800 baud
>> is
>> the de-facto standard for GPS.
> There is NMEA on  the /dev/smd27 virtual serial line,however the
> non-standard part is the way to activate it.
>>this is only
>> implemented in some vendor-specific NMEA sentences or, for the
>> Antaris
>> chip used by the freerunner, running it with its native binary
>> u-blox
>> protocol. Which is why I'm looking into the GPSD port.
> does GPSD have u-blox? or is it implemented only in ogpsd python
> implementation?
>> I probably won't get around to trying it out for at least another
>> week,
>> but for the moment I have a rough idea where to start. I'll keep you
>> updated on my progress and any problems I run into.
> Thanks.
>
> I think a replicant port is not needed for the freerunner, however
> the
> replicant website could point to the android-on-freerunner
> distribution
> if it's fully free.
>
> Denis.

 Yes it would be interesting to know so that we can update our supported
 phone page.
 Currently the Neo is listed as "Future possible targets".

 A good way to help us would be to learn if the android-on-freerunner
 distribution is fully free.

 Then, if a replicant port is not needed for the freerunner we should
 update our page and move the Neo on a new "not supported" chapter.

--
 Graziano Sorbaioli
 Founder, LibrePlanet Italia