[ANNOUNCE] replicant 2.2 SDK now available

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Mon Apr 25 14:42:37 UTC 2011

Thanks to the huge amount of work of paulk(Paul Kocialkowski) we now
have an SDK(I only integrated his patches and helped a bit, he did most
of the work).

The SDK should be functional enough to be able to write android
applications for replicant 2.2 or any other android 2.2 device.

The difference with the official Android SDK is that our SDK should be
fully free software, while the official is not(at least it includes
proprietary API like google maps that are not licensed under a free
software license, but we don't care about google maps API.)

The SDK we have even have an emulator(that I tested), like the official
one.
So someone should be able to write an application even without having a
phone.

I confess that I do not know how to write android applications(but I
know android well, specially the low level libraries) so I didn't test
it.

I'm unsure if it includes an eclipse plugin or not or how to use it with
eclipse but it can also be used from the command line...

The SDK is available here:
http://ftp.osuosl.org/pub/replicant/sdk/0001/

Again thanks a lot for the great work of paulk.

Denis.