[ANNOUNCE] replicant 2.2 SDK now available

PaulK paulk at paulk.fr
Mon Apr 25 15:50:07 UTC 2011

Le lundi 25 avril 2011 à 11:44 -0400, Ted Smith a écrit :
> On Mon, 2011-04-25 at 16:47 +0200, Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli wrote:
> > > The SDK should be functional enough to be able to write android
> > > applications for replicant 2.2 or any other android 2.2 device.
> > I forgott to tell that the SDK is for x86(not x86-64).
> > So in order to run it on an x86-64 computer the user is expected to
> > install the GNU/Linux 32bit compatibility libraries.
> >
> > Thanks paulk for pointing it out(on irc).
> >
> > Denis
>
> Why is this the case? I've built the Android SDK on x86_64 -- what's
> preventing me from doing so for Replicant's SDK?

Building the Android SDK on x86_64 does not mean that you produce 64 bit
librairies. It's possible to build 64bit binaries for the SDK components
(I'm working to make this available for everyone) except that the
emulator makes segfault. external/qemu/INSTALL says:

"It is possible to hack the android-configure.sh script to build
a 64-bit emulator binary on Linux. Unfortunately the resulting
program will crash pretty soon during emulation. This problem is
due to the way the emulator works and cannot be easily fixed at
the moment."

Paul Kocialkowski
* Site web      : <http://www.paulk.fr/>
* Blog          : <http://blog.paulk.fr>