[ANNOUNCE] libacoustic fully replaced with free code, fixing some reported bugs

PaulK paulk at paulk.fr
Sun May 15 16:18:15 UTC 2011

During the last few weeks, I worked on replacing the last bits of the
libhtc_acoustic.so library that haven't been rewritten on free code. Now
the work is over and it works, thanks to the help of GNUtoo and
#htc-linux people.

This free replacement solves some bugs that have been reported:
In-call volume adjustment was not working
No Mic Wired Headset (like the jack adapter available at
<http://www.dealextreme.com/p/48715>) was not working
and probably other issues that hasn't been reported yet.

Newly built images should include that free replacement, so you can
either build an image yourself or wait for a new official replicant
preview image.

For the people interested in the code itself, here is the commit:
<http://gitorious.org/replicant/android_hardware_msm7k/commit/c650b45892aa8be87f3e88ee6eae5df053a0a047>

I'll also add the explaination of how the work has been done and how to
do the same for another device on the Replicant porting guide
<http://trac.osuosl.org/trac/replicant/wiki/How_to_port_Replicant>
soon.

--
Paul Kocialkowski