HTC Magic & Replicant 0008 - test plan results
brian.kemp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 04:23:55 UTC 2011
This wasn't a "full" test plan - I didn't add the proprietary wifi &
broadcom drivers, and I used paulk's experimental camera libraries...but
I tested everything else.
Hardware: HTC Magic (T-Mobile US MyTouch 3G), SIM Unlocked
Date of Test: 2011-07-13 19:11Z
Not Tested: =
* Local audio plays (change ringtone; uses ringer volume)
+ Ringer volume (volume/up down keys) works on homescreen
+ Selection of ringtone works
* DTMF in dialer plays (uses media volume)
* Vibrator functions (mute ringer volume)
* Signal Strength Indicator shows signal strength
+ I have signal
* Mobile Operator detected/displayed in notification pull-down
+ Some "@" symbols show up. My operator is AT&T@
(Note: I have seen T-Mobile@@ when I use my T-Mobile SIM but I did not
test it this time)
* Outgoing call dials (suggested to a toll-free number)
* Outgoing call rings
* Outgoing call connects
* Incoming call rings
* Incoming call connects
* In-Call: Can hear remote audio in earpiece
+ I am able to hear remote end
* In-Call: Remote can hear you speaking into microphone
~ There is some echo but it has too much latency to be the echo that
most phone users expect. It does not sound right.
* Call disconnects properly on hangup
* Missed call notification
* Voice mail notification
+ yes. removed on clearing voice messages.
* Outgoing messaging sends message
* Message reaches proper destination ("SMS bug")
= This is hard to verify :(
* Incoming messaging received (leave phone on home screen)
* Incoming messaging received (in messaging application)
* Incoming messaging received (other app active)
* EDGE connects (US: AT&T users)
- did not work first boot.
+ turning data on and then rebooting worked!
+ subsequent on/off data works!
+ turning off, rebooting, and turning on works!
Here's hoping I don't get a big bill. 3 sites shouldn't be much data.
* 3G connects (US: T-Mobile + All European users)
= I don't have T-Mobile with a data plan at the moment, so I could not
test 3G. I will assume because EDGE works, 3G will work as well...but I
could be wrong.
* MMS test (expensive)
= not tested.
* Test web browser (on small web page, like ebb.org)
* Set up USB networking
= not tested
* Install application success
* Remove application success
* GPS gets a fix (test w/ OSMDroid?)
! We need to turn mock locations off in the build.
+ Fix took a bit, but expected. OSMDroid found me at my house.
(Note: OSMDroid requires internet access to download tiles, but if
they're cached on your SDcard it will keep using them.)
ACCELEROMETER / ROTATION
= My hardware is bad - accelerometers don't even work in CyanogenMod 6;
fail with I/O error. Guessing it's my particular handset.
brian.kemp at gmail.com
PGP Key fingerprint: 1E5BF363
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: This is a digitally signed message part
More information about the Replicant