Will Kyocera 7135 run Replicant?

PaulK paulk at paulk.fr
Tue Sep 6 16:36:48 UTC 2011

Le mardi 06 septembre 2011 à 09:31 -0500, Quiliro Ordóñez a écrit :
> All these devices run the same microprocessor.
> http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=pdamaster&posted=1&cpu=c68328vz
> Anyone installed Replicant for any of those?

The links you posted seem interesting but it's out of the scope of the
replicant project: replicant aims to be a fully free android version,
but these devices aren't running android already.

Also, according to
http://www.pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=1209&c=kyocera_7135 the CPU
runs at 33Mhz, which is far far from being able to run android. I wonder
if it can boot a full linux kernel in a decent time (and have enough ram
for it, etc).

Though I do own a Sony PEG-TJ25 that runs Palm OS5 and I wonder if this
(http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?forumid=12&topicid=4422&page_no=1#16765) would work on it too. Maybe I'll look at how doable it is.

Anyway, thanks for sharing this! If you want to port GNU/Linux on it,
look at projects like OpenEmbedded and the SHR project, but it's
unlikely that it'll ever be usable.

--
Paul Kocialkowski
* Site web	: <http://www.paulk.fr/>