Messing around with Galaxy S and replicant

Bhuvan Krishna bhuvan at swecha.org
Tue Oct 11 07:45:02 UTC 2011

I have a galaxy S International model. Right now I have cyanogenmod
nightly build in it. I tried to get replicant but was not sure if i will
get the features that i am looking for. I thought I will list them out
in here so that I will have confidence to getting replicant on my
mobile. If I have these features
and apps then I bet i will never go back again :)

1) 2G 3G. only 3G for data transfer
2) Swipe to call from contact's list
3) call log should have entries separately, They should not be bunched
under name or number.
4) Office app [I was used to Think office that came as default app with
the samsung official firmware]
5) Camera functions that were avialable in samsung official firmware
6) Music player. Ability to search the library, list songs based on the
filename.
7) Able to connect to a ad-hoc network. especially to my laptop's wifi.
8) Swype keyboard

I guess i am missing a lot of other features and I know its really harsh
to expect all these features to be present in replicant. But I am
willing to volunteer in any way for these features to be available in
replicant and also for testing any thing over galaxy s.

bye
bhuvan