Rogers HTC Dream

PaulK paulk at paulk.fr
Sun Oct 23 07:30:21 UTC 2011

Le samedi 22 octobre 2011 à 19:28 -0400, Logan Streondj a écrit :
> Hey, I really wanted to get Replicant, so I bought an HTC Dream,  it's
> Rogers (Canadian) version,
>
> firmware version 1.5
> build number 1.85.631.5146733 CL#33863 release-keys
>
> and it says
> root at smiles:/home/elspru/Downloads/replicant# ./fastboot flash system
> system.img
> firmware version 1.5   sending 'system' (85760 KB)... OKAY [ 15.978s]
>               writing 'system'... INFOsignature checking...
> FAILED (remote: signature verify fail)
>
> anyhow, I've tried lots of different image files none of which have
> worked.  the ones that are supposed to root the rogers htc dream are
> generally no longer available online,  none of those I managed to get
> work...
>
> I'm hoping there is a fix..

Apparently, the bootloader checks for the signature of the images:
that's an exemple of Tivo-isation : even though you can build working
images for your device, you cannot run these on the device.

CyanogenMod wiki has two pages about Rooting Rogers HTC Dream:
* http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Rogers_Dream:_Rooting_%
28Pre-911_Guide%29
* http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Rogers_Dream:_Rooting_%
28Post-911_Patch%29

I believe you should follow the instructions given on the 1st one.

--
Paul Kocialkowski

* Website       : http://www.paulk.fr/
* Blog          : http://blog.paulk.fr/