Samsung Galaxy S2, collective donation?

Johan Svensson replicant.js at crypt.se
Mon Mar 19 19:18:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

The company where I work is about to switch phone operator, and in the deal
is a new phone for each employee. We have the option to buy our old phones
for reasonable prices. Mine is a couple of months old SGS2 which I can buy
for SEK 2500. I was thinking about a collective donation of that phone to
Replicant. If we are say three or more persons, we could split the cost and
give this phone to the project. I cannot finance it on my own
unfortunately.

If we are four persons splitting the cost, it will be around EUR 70 each
including shipping to France or Italy or wherever the destination would be.
The more people, the better, of course. :) This is just an idea. I have to
make my decision this week.

(It is a white SGS2. I do have all retailing, but unless the receiver very
much wants the box, manual, CD, charger and headset, I'd prefer sending the
phone only to save shipping)

I originally posted this to #replicant IRC channel at Freenode. One user,
Broam, already agreed to the idea.

Oh, and one thing... If we manage to arrange this, the device must be
considered a gift, with no requirements involved. We can just hope on
successful result of a Replicant port for SGS2, but we all have to accept
failure and delays by any reason as well. Oh, and I haven't asked the
developers (as they weren't present in the IRC channel at the time of
posting). Of course you guys can decide to reject this if you wish.

Best Regards,

Johan Svensson, a.k.a Johey

Stockholm, Sweden