Samsung Galaxy S2, collective donation?

Johan Svensson replicant.js at crypt.se
Tue Jun 5 08:30:18 UTC 2012

Hello again,

I am sorry for the long-lasting silence. It has been an administrative
process to be the legal owner of the phone with the right to donate it,
but now the mission is accomplished. PaulK now has the phone and has
already started getting his hands dirty.

The most important thing for me was to have the phone sent to a
qualified Replicant developer. That is by now done. The second most
important thing is to get some help with the finances. I have payed a
total of SEK 2500 for the phone and 150 for shipping (Swedish mail
delivery is bloody expensive). That is about EUR 295.

So now I am asking for some support. If I remember correctly, we were
five potential supporters (me and Paul included) to this project back
when I presented the idea. That is EUR 60 each. If you still have
possibility to make a part of this collective donation, please send it
to my paypal account (as GIFT). If paypal is not an option, we can
discuss alternatives privately.

paypal.js at crypt.se

Please drop a mail to this list when you decide to donate! In case there
would more than five donors, I can either pay back parts to everyone or
donate it to the Replicant project.

Lastly, good luck with the Samsung Galaxy S2 porting of Replicant! It is
a damn good device, and all we need now is to set it free.

Best Regards,

Johan Svensson