best phone to buy to use replicant

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Sat Dec 15 10:26:17 UTC 2012

Le jeudi 13 décembre 2012 à 16:28 +1000, canpigsfly a écrit :
> If I want to buy a phone that I intend to run replicant on, what would
> be the best in terms of being supported?

Well, the status overview is on the wiki at:
http://redmine.replicant.us/projects/replicant/wiki/ReplicantStatus#Replicant-40

You can juge for yourself based on that matrix. I own a Nexus S, Galaxy
S and Galaxy S2, that I use daily with Replicant (I basically switch to
another phone when the current one runs out of battery).

Galaxy S2 is very fast, pleasant to use, but lacks many features like
Camera, GPS or sensors, while Galaxy S and Nexus S are slower than
Galaxy S2 but have camera and accelerometer support. They are also much
cheaper.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website:        http://www.replicant.us