My success story for pictures, calendar, contacts and email sync

Blaise Alleyne email at blaise.ca
Mon Oct 7 17:01:14 UTC 2013

On 13-10-07 04:42 AM, Fabián Rodríguez wrote:
> Le 2013-10-07 04:03, Blaise Alleyne a écrit :
>> [...] Marten's Tasks application (https://github.com/dmfs/tasks) would be nice for CalDAV tasks in Android
>> too, though I don't think it's currently packaged for F-Droid last I checked.
>>

> It is now, although with a warning about its dependencies on non-free
> add-ons:
> https://f-droid.org/repository/browse/?fdfilter=tasks&fdid=org.dmfs.tasks

Ah, thanks!

> The non-free add-on required is, I believe, either CalDAV-Sync or
> CardDav-Sync.
>
> As it is now, Tasks only support local tasks in this context (100% free
> solution).

That would be CalDAV-Sync as the non-free dependency for syncing tasks (task sync is a CalDAV thing).

Though, I wonder if the free CalDav Sync Adapter would also be compatible, given that Tasks should
just be reading from the local calendar provider? I don't know enough about how it works to be sure,
but I might test this... that could avoid the proprietary CalDAV-Sync dependency, and still offer a
100% free solution for Task CalDAV sync.