STE RemoteProc driver

Paul Kocialkowski paulk at paulk.fr
Thu Nov 7 17:28:38 UTC 2013

Le mardi 05 novembre 2013 à 16:49 -0800, Bryan Hundven a écrit :
> I'm just curious if anyone has looked into the new remoteproc driver[1][2]?

I didn't know about it before just now.

> I am guessing that this would replace a small piece of
> samsung_modemctl, but would still need to implement the samsung-ipc
> over that driver?
>
> The device I'm working with is the Galaxy S 4G [SGH-T959V], which uses
> the STE Thor M5730 HSPA+ chip instead of the XMM 6160 on the Galaxy S.

I am not really convinced that Samsung will give up their specific modem
interface code for remoteproc, but if they do, then we'll have to adapt.
libsamsung-ipc's design is very modular though, so that should cause no
particular issue to adapt to a new interface (and we've seen many
different iterations of the Samsung interface anyway).
In any way, we'll figure out the details of how it all works the way we
usually do when porting to a new device and adding libsamsung-ipc
support for it.