Cgroup permission problems

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Wed Dec 18 19:18:50 UTC 2013

Hi Paul,
many thanks for finger-pointing towards the kernel.

Am 18.12.2013 um 20:03 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski:

>> Hmm... unfortunately the commit you referenced is exactly the HEAD of
>> the kernel I'm currently using and I'm seeing this problems with.
>>
>> Do you have any other idea?
>
> Actually, I have never dealt with cgroups, so I will not be particularly
> knowledgeable here, sorry.
>
> Maybe try to compare the defconfig used in gta04 with one from an
> Android phone and see if there are any more cgroup-related changes that
> would be relevant to add?
> I am quite convinced this must be a kernel issue.

I am even less knowledgable about this but hope these links help:

1. an overview about CGROUPS from Kernel doc
https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cgroups/cgroups.txt

2. how Android thinks about them
http://code.google.com/p/cgroupmgr/wiki/cgroupsForAndroid

I have no /dev/cpuctl on the 3.12-master kernel.

3. something about the .config for CGROUPS:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-kernel/8HlaJNR6Q_o/dICtUf7vfQgJ

Hope this helps for better understanding,
Nikolaus