Cgroup permission problems

Lukas Maerdian luk at slyon.de
Thu Dec 19 06:37:13 UTC 2013

On 19.12.2013 03:18 UTC+0800, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller wrote:
> Am 18.12.2013 um 20:03 schrieb Paul Kocialkowski:
>> Actually, I have never dealt with cgroups, so I will not be particularly
>> knowledgeable here, sorry.
>>
>> Maybe try to compare the defconfig used in gta04 with one from an
>> Android phone and see if there are any more cgroup-related changes that
>> would be relevant to add?
>> I am quite convinced this must be a kernel issue.
>
> I am even less knowledgable about this but hope these links help:
>
> 1. an overview about CGROUPS from Kernel doc
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/cgroups/cgroups.txt
>
> 2. how Android thinks about them
> http://code.google.com/p/cgroupmgr/wiki/cgroupsForAndroid
>
> I have no /dev/cpuctl on the 3.12-master kernel.
>
> 3. something about the .config for CGROUPS:
>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/android-kernel/8HlaJNR6Q_o/dICtUf7vfQgJ

Hi!

Yes, the defconfig is not yet very Android specific. Alexandre is
currently working on unifying it. Maybe we can benefit from his work.
Otherwise I'll have a closer look into our defconfig after my vacation.

/dev/cpuctl is available in the 3.12-replicant4 kernel. I think in the
3.12-master defconfig Cgroups aren't enabled at all.

BR,
  Lukas