Lemote Loongson 3A Notebook

Zach Wick zach at zachwick.com
Tue Jan 7 15:35:40 UTC 2014

Fabián Rodríguez:
> Le 2014-01-07 06:25, Dmitriy Nikandrov a écrit :
>> Guys,
>>
>> what do u think about this laptop? Does anyone use it?
>>

>> product link
>> http://www.tekmote.nl/epages/61504599.sf/en_GB/?ViewObjectPath=%2FShops%2F61504599%2FProducts%2FCFL-008
>>

> Even at half that price, the specs are quite absurd. This reminds of
> this other "hardware for freedom suckers" pricing:
> http://www.reddit.com/r/linux/comments/1ujqfs/linksys_resurrects_classic_blue_router_with_open/
>

> If only the specs where detailed - I mean, it's aimed at a techical
> audience, why not produce an "Installing on Trisquel" report, and
> provide full lspci / lsusb outputs?
>
> F.

Instead of that machine, why don't you look at the Gluglug X60
(http://shop.gluglug.org.uk/). They recently received the FSF's Respects
Your Freedom certification and have better specs that the Lemote.
I personally use an X60s as my daily driver (and full time as my work
machine) and I have no big complaints about it. I also know of other
freedom minded folks who use the X60 (or one of its variants) and a
quite happy with it.
-Zach Wick