dropbear gone in 4.2?

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Feb 28 10:49:56 UTC 2014

You wrote:

> Le mercredi 26 février 2014 à 23:54 +0100, Simon Josefsson a écrit :
> > Hi.  I noticed that dropbear is not pre-installed in the 4.2
> > images. I'm using the pre-built images for I9300. Any chance it
> > could be included?
>
> The rules to build the dropbear server were removed from
> external/dropbear/. That's odd, but there must be a reason for this.
> I don't think I want to fork it for the purpose of re-enabling the
> server.

Ok.  I agree it is better to have as small changes as possible.

> Normally, ADB should provide the same basic features as ssh.

I want to run rsync, and haven't found out how to do that over adb.
I've played with commands like:

jas at latte:~$ rsync -av -e "adb" -av test shell:.
opening connection using: adb shell rsync --server -vvlogDtpre.iLsf . .

but then nothing happens.  I've also played with RSYNC_CONNECT_PROG
but haven't gotten anything to work.

/Simon