rsync over adb

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Fri Feb 28 11:46:28 UTC 2014

> > Normally, ADB should provide the same basic features as ssh.
>
> I want to run rsync, and haven't found out how to do that over adb.

I got one approach to work, using rsync daemon.  I'd prefer to use
normal shell transports instead of the daemon, though, so if anyone has
ideas I would appreciate hints.

jas at latte:~/android/samsung3$ cat rsyncd.conf
address 127.0.0.1
uid = root
gid = root
[root]
	path = /
jas at latte:~/android/samsung3$ adb push rsyncd.conf  /extSdCard/rsyncd.conf
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
0 KB/s (57 bytes in 0.059s)
jas at latte:~/android/samsung3$ adb forward tcp:6010 tcp:873
jas at latte:~/android/samsung3$ adb shell rsync --daemon --config=/extSdCard/rsyncd.conf
jas at latte:~/android/samsung3$ sudo rsync -av --exclude /dev --exclude /acct --exclude /sys --exclude /proc rsync://localhost:6010/root/ /root/s3-bup/

/Simon