Reverse or Creation?

udem irhan udemirhan at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 09:36:46 UTC 2014

I am not an expert, but...

We have an urge to follow the off-the-shelf shiny products. Replicant aims
to free those shiny products at relevant levels.

I think I saw some completely-free projects or related proposals.

However, if industry do not follow you, and probably they won't as they are
like titanic near a row-boat when compared to other communities, then it
will not be common.

I recall an initiative by Debian community, about raising funds for a
tablet to be designed openly and manufactured in China, and running Debian.
However, I do not think they managed (or at the level they aimed.)

Furthermore, GSM operators probably will not like the idea of free baseband
firmware.

For further information and other communities, http://bit.ly/1lAJNxz

Regards.
Umut.