Reverse or Creation?

Bob Ham rah at settrans.net
Tue Mar 18 08:35:01 UTC 2014

On Fri, 2014-03-14 at 20:14 +0100, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:

> I suppose one of the biggest problems with hardware is the need of
> producing a new device to implement a new feature. I don't see any
> easy
> way to fix this.

Free hardware can mitigate this, although not fix it.  For example,
having a base phone design which is well understood and well
documented,
will reduce the work required for implementing new features through a
new design.  Having a family of closely-related free phone designs
would
provide a pool of easily accessible material from which new designs can
be derived.

--
Bob Ham <rah at settrans.net>

for (;;) { ++pancakes; }