Galaxy S T959 preliminary research to attempt replicant installation

Simon Josefsson simon at josefsson.org
Mon Aug 18 18:51:53 UTC 2014

You wrote:

> >I have also tried to backup user data (call logs, contact list,
> >etc...) because
> >eventually I would like to sync the phone with the KDE apps
> >(Kaddressbook,
> >Korganizer, etc...) via the usb cable, but that seems like it's going
> >to be
> >another project made difficult by how much the phone is locked
> >down.  I suppose
> >I could eventually find the files where that info resides if I go
> >looking
> >file by file.  Does anyone know where all that user data is?  I don't
> >want to
> >depend on the cloud/google for backups and sync.
>
> "Slight backup", available in f-droid, can save your call logs, sms,
> contact list to xml files in your sdcard.

I'm using both DAVdroid and CalDavSyncAdapter for CalDav/CardDav,
together with SMS Backup+ against a remote IMAP server.  I don't know
how to synchronize images taken on the device, though, ideas on that
appreciated -- right now I use rsync over adb (tcp port forward) to keep
a complete backup on my phone to my laptop.

/Simon