Galaxy S T959 preliminary research to attempt replicant installation

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Fri Oct 3 22:44:00 UTC 2014

> > Yes we know CM is non-free, but Replicant is based upon CM, so
> > installing CM will get you much closer to a working Replicant build.
>
> I'll keep working at it.

It looks like the vibrant is very close to the galaxys (i9000), so a
port looks doable. If you're interested in it, I'd be happy to give you
pointers on how and where to start. As Brian mentioned, having
CyanogenMod running on the device is the very ground to start with.

Regarding that E911 bug, we may be able to dig further into what is
causing it and perhaps fix it, since all our code is free (it could be a
modem-side issue, though).

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Website: http://www.replicant.us/