Low powered ARM PC (CuBox, PandaBoard) support (Was Re: Are smartphones any good? (was Re: Oneplus One support))

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at goldelico.com
Sat Oct 4 15:37:17 UTC 2014

Am 04.10.2014 um 17:30 schrieb Jonathan Petruska:

> I wasn't meaning a Pi based phone, I just noticed that a lot of these (albeit not the Pi, I know the Android struggles there) support Android and use a lot of open components.  I don't think Replicant on CuBox(I) or PandaBoard

Well, the GTA04 Replicant 4.2 image [1] should already be able to run on a PandaBoard if combined with a boot loader on some SD card. And if the kernel is configured correctly.

Unfortunately my PandaBoard ES is currently needed for something different so I can't initiate a test.

> would be too hard, especially with CuBox being designed for Android.  Wouldn't be too drastically different from a tablet build, Pi would be best because of it's vast support, but I don't think anything based on Android has any hopes on that platform.

-- hns

[1]: http://download.goldelico.com/gta04/replicant/4.2/