Low powered ARM PC (CuBox, PandaBoard) support (Was Re: Are smartphones any good? (was Re: Oneplus One support))

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sat Oct 4 18:53:00 UTC 2014

Le samedi 04 octobre 2014 à 11:48 -0500, Jonathan Petruska a écrit :
> I would do so myself if I had access to a PandaBoard and a true Linux
> system.

That's exactly where it becomes very obvious that talking about "Linux"
as an operating system makes no sense at all. Please call it GNU/Linux
for respect of the GNU project and the ideas it stands for. It also
avoids useless talks about what is "truly Linux" and what it not. There
is GNU/Linux and there is Android, which both use Linux as a kernel.

> Many things are starting to shift to being optimized for mobile and
> PC's are getting shut out.  That's why I've been trying to port Dalvik
> to Desktop Linux (Ubuntu x86_64, haven't had access to the system in a
> while). It's also why I have a stack of Android x86 CDs.

Intel chips are making a force entry on the tablet market after they
drastically lowered their prices. I wouldn't be surprised to see AOSP
gaining back interest in x86 pretty soon.