CyanogenMod privacy

Peter Ludwig peter_ludwig at freenet.de
Tue Jan 6 21:01:51 UTC 2015

Am 06.01.2015 um 21:42 schrieb dimonik, dimonik:
> Just flashed my device with cm-11-20150103-NIGHTLY and patched with
> freecyngn.
> No additional apps were installed.
>
> I was curious and put first connection traffic through Wireshark,
> and saw this DNS requests made by device:
>
> 2.android.pool.ntp.org
> clients3.google.com
> gllto.glpals.com
> download.cyanogenmod.org
>
> Does anybody know the purpose of each of this?

Hi there

The first thing could be a ntp timeserver. If thats the case then this
might me harmless.

All others - no idea. Whereas the second one seems to be owned by google.

The last seems to belong to cyanogenmod.org?

The only one I might be concerned is "gllto.glpals.com"

Hope this helps a weee bit.

Greetings