Using free dumbphone code (freecalypso-sw) in a piece of GPL software.

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 02:28:33 UTC 2015

On 27/01/15 01:51, Spacefalcon the Outlaw wrote:
> Josh Branning <lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am very interested in the free dumbphone concept but cannot work out
>> the licensing.
>
> There is no licensing.  None whatsoever.  The Micronation of Falconia
> has declared any and all copyrights that have ever been claimed by
> anyone on the code in question to be null and void, and I hereby treat
> the abandonware as being in the public domain.

If you choose to place your contributions into the public domain then
that's very nice of you. I see peeklinux has the original
http://svn.peeklinux.com/trunk/peek-build/m23/L1/layer1/tpu_drivers/source1/tpudrv61.c
Locosto driver that you use in your source tree. Peeklinux is presumably
under the GPL. I guess to find your modifications, I'd have to get a
diff between tpudrv12.c and tpudrv61.c, meaning in the real world, it's
possible to use this in a GPL piece of software, so long as peeklinux's
copyright on their driver (GPL) is correct and all the modifications are
of origin, you.

But I am not a lawyer. The rest of your code might only be of any legal
use in Falconia.