Galaxy S T959 preliminary research to attempt replicant installation

A. F. Cano afc at shibaya.lonestar.org
Sat Apr 11 00:06:19 UTC 2015

On Fri, Apr 10, 2015 at 05:57:41PM -0400, A. F. Cano wrote:
> Next I'll try to flash the new recovery image.  I'll keep the list
> updated.

Well, it wasn't totally smooth.  Had to repeat some steps, went through
various reboots but I finally got cyanogenmod installed.  Now the
configuration starts and the hunting for apps, synchronizing with
owncloud, etc...  And learning about the world of smart phones.
So far the system doesn't feel slower than android 2.1, although it
has fewer apps by default.  No movie camera, for instance.

Thank you to those that provided useful hints and answers.

Augustine