Arduino phone.

Nick replicant at njw.me.uk
Thu Jun 18 10:55:30 UTC 2015

Quoth Josh Branning:
> This is about the freest phone I can find:
>
> http://web.media.mit.edu/~mellis/cellphone/

How is it more free than a normal replicant device? The GSM module
still runs proprietary software, so I would say it's pretty
dishonest to call it a free or open source phone. It's a free shim
around a closed processor that does all the heavy lifting, and is
completely empowered to betray you. Admittedly, though, GSM has
plenty of unavoidable surveillance built in - is that the reason so
few people seem to care about free modems, do you think, or is it
just because it's such a herculean task?