Arduino phone.

Nick replicant at njw.me.uk
Thu Jun 18 23:22:42 UTC 2015

Quoth Paul Kocialkowski:
> > I am not paranoid enough to worry about the possibility of deliberate
> > backdoors and such in the code base from TI.  Sure, it is possible,
> > but if I were to worry about such hypothetical things, logically I
> > would then also have to worry about monsters under my bed and whatnot:
> > just as possible hypothetically, but just as unlikely in practice.
>
> To be honest, I'm very surprised to read this at this point. If we've
> had that discussion 3 years ago, I may have agreed with you to some
> extent, but I don't think that's a luxury we can afford now that Edward
> Snowden has revealed the truth about what's going on regarding
> government spying.

I would suspect they would just ask TI for the source code (or hack
their way to it), and then just find a reliable buffer overflow to
exploit, or similar. They have the resources, and it's invisible to
the companies, which is a plus.

But yes. We can find at least some of these, and fix them, in the
freecalypso code. Which is a nice thing. Though frankly it's a big
enough codebase that "take the battery out" would still be wise for
times that a listening bug would be a bad thing... Hello dystopia.