[Replicant] How to back up contacts, apps, f-droid DB, app data, files etc.?

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 18:14:42 UTC 2015

On 13/09/15 18:25, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> Le dimanche 13 septembre 2015 à 18:06 +0100, Josh Branning a écrit :
>> I'm thinking of upgrading Replicant on my Nexus S, but I don't want to
>> lose all my data in the process.
>>
>> Is there a way to back up the necessary stuff so that upgrades are as
>> painless as possible?
>
> Well, if you're updating to the same major version (e.g. 4.2 0002 to 4.2
> 0003), the diff is so small that you can simply follow the installation
> procedure and skip that last step (wipe data) that removes application
> data.
>
> This is not always a good idea though, but in this particular case, it
> should work nicely.

Ok, thanks.

I guess also it would be good to have something for this for the next
major version (whenever that may be), else I would not feel so inclined
to upgrade to a newer system. I'm sure there are apps for things like
this, but it may also perhaps be done using adb and knowing what to back up.

Just a thought,

Josh