[Replicant] How to back up contacts, apps, f-droid DB, app data, files etc.?

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sun Sep 13 18:48:38 UTC 2015

Le dimanche 13 septembre 2015 à 19:14 +0100, Josh Branning a écrit :
> On 13/09/15 18:25, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> > Le dimanche 13 septembre 2015 à 18:06 +0100, Josh Branning a écrit :
> >> I'm thinking of upgrading Replicant on my Nexus S, but I don't want to
> >> lose all my data in the process.
> >>
> >> Is there a way to back up the necessary stuff so that upgrades are as
> >> painless as possible?
> >
> > Well, if you're updating to the same major version (e.g. 4.2 0002 to 4.2
> > 0003), the diff is so small that you can simply follow the installation
> > procedure and skip that last step (wipe data) that removes application
> > data.
> >
> > This is not always a good idea though, but in this particular case, it
> > should work nicely.
>
> I guess also it would be good to have something for this for the next
> major version (whenever that may be), else I would not feel so inclined
> to upgrade to a newer system. I'm sure there are apps for things like
> this, but it may also perhaps be done using adb and knowing what to back up.

Well, it's not advised to do this. When moving to a newer major
Replicant version, /data will *need* to be cleared. One can however keep
the data of some applications (in /data/data) manually or using some
applications, but that's totally up to the user.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: https://www.replicant.us/
Blog: https://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: https://redmine.replicant.us/