[Replicant] Replicant OS for CloudFone Excite 400DX

Josh Branning lovell.joshyyy at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 20:35:15 UTC 2015

>> CloudFone Excite 400DX Full Specs

In a way, it would be a nice chipset to support, MT6572 (not that I can
be of much use). Devices can cost as low as $65. Osmocombb has started
work on mediatek, but not this one. Kernels exist for it, but not from
the vendor, and no device/product files.

>> Additional info about me:
>>
>> Im a student (College Freshman), My Desktop OS is *FreeBSD*,  pure
>> Free Software - From Games to School Applications it doesn't have any
>> commercial Stuffs since LX Terminal and Conkeror Web browser are
>> enough to do the stuffs that i want, thats why the time i found
>> *Replicant OS* by searching on the web i'm really glad that it exist.
>>
>> And Hey! *Replicant* Mascot is cute and Red like *FreeBSD* Daemon
>> Beastie! :D Thats all, Thanks*.*

I hate to break it to you but FreeBSD has blobs for some of it's
firmware. https://www.gnu.org/distros/common-distros.html#BSD but the
good news is that there are better distributions out there, if you are
willing: https://www.gnu.org/distros/free-distros.html

Josh