[Replicant] Using signal/textsecure

Nick replicant at njw.me.uk
Tue Nov 10 23:15:40 UTC 2015

Hi Tyler,

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain more about Signal,
it's really useful.

xmikos just updated his builds of the websockets signal to 3.3.1,
and I just started using that on my replicant phone, and it's
working pretty well so far. However the client isn't receiving new
SMS / MMS messages at all, for no obvious reason. Not the end of the
world, but a pity...

I do have the technical knowhow to build the fork from source
myself, but not the inclination or time if I can use a repo that
seems trustworthy, so I'll stick with that for now.

It's a pity the RedPhone stuff doesn't work at the moment, but like
you that isn't a particularly high priority for me.

Thanks again for all your advice and explanations, they were really
really helpful.

Nick