[Replicant] GTA04 boards and complete devices ready for ordering

Nico CARTRON nicolas at ncartron.org
Fri Nov 27 19:25:32 UTC 2015

Hi Nikolaus,

> On 27 Nov 2015, at 11:56, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns at goldelico.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
> finally (after 2 years work/wait) we will produce the last batch of GTA04A5 boards.
> There will be also ~40 complete devices (with display, case, battery etc.).
>
> Replicant 4.2 is also available. And Lukas is working to patch/upgrade to a 4.3 kernel
> (needs backporting some Android features) so that we have the most modern basis that
> we can get to run Replicant on top.
>
> For details see:
>
> <http://lists.goldelico.com/pipermail/gta04-owner/2015-November/006878.html>
>
> Note that it will be the last batch we can produce since we can't get some components
> any more.

Thanks for the heads up on the Replicant mailing list, appreciated.
One question I had regards the HW compatibility of the GTA04 board with Replicant, especially the GPS and Wifi chipsets: is that working at all, or is that the same as e.g. the Galaxy SII I have, i.e. not supported?
I'd like to know before considering being one :)

And again, thanks for that and also waiting some news re Neo900 =)

Cheers,

--
Nico