[Replicant] Cooperative Fairphone2

Paul Kocialkowski contact at paulk.fr
Sat Mar 5 09:56:18 UTC 2016

Le dimanche 28 février 2016 à 14:07 +0000, Glen Walker a écrit :
> On Fri, 26 Feb 2016 23:40:41 +0100
> Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli <GNUtoo at no-log.org> wrote:
> > On Thu, 25 Feb 2016 12:52:54 +0000
> > Glen Walker <g.walker at openmailbox.org> wrote:
> > > I'm not sure if you are aware of The Co-operative Fairphone but they
> > > claim to support "fairer working conditions" and "transparent
> > > principles, social ideals" among other things.  Seems like it would
> > > be a good fit with Replicant?
> > The GTA04 also has "fair working conditions" and is made in Germany.
> > It's not (fully) supported yet due to the lack of time and Android
> > kernel issues that are now resolved.
>
> Is the current push to get full support for the GTA04 (or in my case the Letux
> 2804 since I don't own a Neo Freerunner)?  Would you consider that to be the
> best option for a "Most Free" phone? (I'm open to answers/opinions from anyone
> here by the way...)

It is indeed one of the best choices for free software. Currently, it is the
only (partially-)supported Replicant device that can run a free bootloader.

The Optimus Black will be nearly as good (it's using the same platform), but
won't have GPS support available, while the GTA04 does.

--
Paul Kocialkowski, Replicant developer

Replicant is a fully free Android distribution running on several
devices, a free software mobile operating system putting the emphasis on
freedom and privacy/security.

Website: https://www.replicant.us/
Blog: https://blog.replicant.us/
Wiki/tracker/forums: https://redmine.replicant.us/