[Replicant] WiFi and Replicant

Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli GNUtoo at no-log.org
Mon Mar 7 20:36:46 UTC 2016

On Wed, 02 Mar 2016 23:37:39 +0200
Tiberiu-Cezar Tehnoetic <tiberiu at tehnoetic.com> wrote:

> What I need to do now is to have wpa_supplicant and everything ready
> in the user space so that users don't have to run shell commands to
> be able to connect to wifi in freedom. This part is newer to me
> because it's Android-specific, and I'm documenting myself. If you or
> someone else has any pointers to the user space part of the problem,
> please let me know.
wpa_supplicant and wpa_cli should already be in the latest Replicant
images.

However I've no idea how they are used by the upper layer (the
framework).

Mails are archived, so maybe you could document the command line
procedure that way, and post your current patch set (for archival) too
while you're at it.

Denis.